Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bed Rest

I've been getting braxton hicks contractions for about 3 days now - continuously. With mild cramps that won't go away...plus lower back pains...oh and some light spotting (but i've been spotting since i first found out i was preggers). At first, I didn't think much of it...but I actually woke up in the middle of the night from the contractions so I decided to call my doctor this morning. She doesn't think it's anything too serious since I was just there for a checkup last week and the baby's heart rate was very good (165 bpm) but she recommended that I try to stay in bed for a few days. And then, if the cramping doesn't go away, to come in to check on the baby.

This pregnancy is so different from my first one..I don't know what to make of it. You'd better be a good little baby when you come out, kid. Cuz you makin' yo' mama suffer a whole lot right now.

1 comment:

lucy said...

omg BH so early! actually now that I think about it, I had BH right around 14 weeks onward. Makes it really difficult to walk. Also, I noticed with increased exercise it brought on more. I'm sure you are fine, but dang, bedrest so early!