Wednesday, September 10, 2008

God DOES answer prayers!!

Sorry for not updating sooner with the results....we just got back from San Diego today and Christian started school last week and he's going again tomorrow so I had all this stuff to take care of. But now, *exhale*, I'm back at my computer relaxing. ;)

We did a thorough ultrasound last Friday and the doctor said everything was fine! And the most fantastic part was that they're able to detect 90% of neural tube defects with an ultrasound so we didn't have to do the amnio!~ Thank you, God!~

I know that the chances of having an unhealthy child is super slim, even with a positive AFP result but, my goodness, when you're stuck in the middle of it, all you can do is focus on the "what if". And even though the "what if" might be small, if the "what if" actually happened, the effects of that is sooooo huge and devastating that you just can't help it.

But I'm so glad that part is over now and I can focus on bringing a healthy, beautiful baby into this world. =) During the ultrasound, the baby was crossing his/her legs so the doctor wasn't able to give me a definite answer on the sex. He said that he thinks that 80% it might be a girl! wtf?? I made him check about 5 times - literally. I kept saying, "oh look, there's the penis!" and he'd say, "no, it looks like a labia to me." lol... And then, i'd say it again, and then he'd say, "no, we're looking at the heart right now." hahaha...

My 20 week ultrasound checkup is tomorrow so we'll find out for sure what the sex of the baby is. But mannn...I really, really, can't picture myself being a mom to a girl. All I know is how to raise a boy - I am a mother of a boy. I have a son. I know Thomas Trains and legos and skulls and camos and sneakers and trucks. I have like 4 hugungous space saver vacuum sealed bags full of boys clothes waiting to be used by Christian's younger brother. I don't think a girl would look right in his old clothes...

(oh and lucy, i totally didn't even know that i could pay extra and get the results sooner! i wish i knew that when i did the amnio with christian! thanks for the info~~!)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

phewwww....what a relief sue!!! i'm sooooo glad that everything is fine and the baby is healthy!! trust me, i know the thoughts of the "what if"...but now, you can erase those "what if" out of your pretty head. =) btw, i think you'll be a fabulous mommy to a beautiful little girl...i can totally picture it!! let us know as soon as you find out!!

lucy said...

Man girl! you had my checking this blog like every hour waiting for you to write back! hahaha. I'm so glad to hear everything is okay. I totally get that you have crazy thoughts in your mind while this is happening. It's not directly even happening to me and I knew in my head that everything was okay with you, but even I had these "what if" thoughts for you! hahaha. I'm glad everything turned out okay.
You had me cracking up with your story about the sex. Once you said everything was okay, the next thing that popped in my mind was the sex. That's hilarious you had the tech check so much. If it is a girl, I think you would make a fabulous, wonderful mom to a girl. You'll have the best time dressing her up in cute girly outfits and you can keep the boy outfits for your third son :P
TELL ME AS SOON AS YOU FIND OUT!

Anonymous said...

girls are AWESOME sue! when i was pregs with sadie i was for sure it was a boy and i could only imagine myself as a boy's mommy but when i found out i was having a girl - i can't imagine any different. and there's that saying - you get what you need in life ... whether it's the kind of job or relationship or learning lesson ... so you need a girl in your life and it'll change everything. btw - when we found out the sex, and the dr goes "here's the labia" tim kept going, "what's a labia? labia? what's that" and i'm all poking him and going under my breath "shhhh!" and he's all "what? what's a labia" then when i told him he turned ALL RED!