Sunday, March 1, 2009

I've Finally Caved...

and jumped on the FaceBook bandwagon.

Because all of my friends are talking about pictures of eachothers' kids on their facebook accounts and I'm the only one who doesn't know what's going on.

But the idea of someone from my past being able to track me down is not appealing. Not that I have anything to hide. But I'm the type of person who likes to weed out all unnecessary relationships and just keep the ones that are meaningful.

I have a close knit circle of people who I can truly call friends and I am soooooooo grateful to have them in my life. I don't want my inner circle to be invaded by a bunch of people I don't really know or care to know.

Plus, I feel like Facebook can take up a lot of time. Time that I don't have to spare. But can easily get sucked into.

Oh what the hell am I complaining about - I run a public blog for crying out loud. And I'm announcing that I'm on Facebook.

I just want to be able to see my friends and their babies.

So girls... how does this work? Do you add me as a friend? And then I get to see pictures? Sorry, I'm Facebook illiterate. =/

1 comment:

lucy said...

LOL!! You crack me up! While I was reading your post, I was thinking, "but her blog is public" and had this confused look on my face. I'm totally like you about "trimming the fat." What's good about FB is that you dont have to accept being the person's friend and they never see your info. I just pretend like I dont check it often, which is a total lie because I'm addicted to that site. :P By the way, i'm so glad you added me as a friend and I'm not your fat. yippee!!!! :D